Library Search Cluster Mobile

Encore

Journals

 

ODYsseus


 

Videos

 

Library News

  • Jacqui Colt Summer Fellow

    For her St. Lawrence University Fellows summer research project Jacqui Colt is looking at all of the fiction ever written that is set in the Adirondacks.

  • Cole Reading Room

    Renovations to the Cole Reading Room in Herring-Cole have restored it to a quiet study space and enhanced the original woodwork in the historic building.

  • ODY Library

    St. Lawrence received a $160,000 grant from the George I. Alden Trust to support the University’s libraries. Please visit our new space planning website for details.

Services & Technology

  • Our research consultation program connects you with a librarian on the reference staff who can give you more extensive one-on-one help with a research paper or project.  We also have a new group of

  • Off-Campus Access

    Check out our Off-Campus Access page to learn more about getting access to the Library's journals and databases.

  • Library and IT staff worked together last summer to add over 70 new electrical outlets for laptop use in open-seating and study areas of the ODY library.

New Resources

  • Nineteenth Century Collections Online

    Nineteenth Century Collections Online is a major collection of primary source materials covering British history from 1790-1929.

  • Photogrammar

    Photogrammar is a collection of 170,000+ photographs from 1935 to 1945 created by the United State’s Farm Security Admi

  • Credo Reference eBook Collection

    Credo's Environmental Studies Collection of eBooks includes sixty-four reference works from eight academic publishers such as Berkshire, Elsevier Science and Technology, and Sage.

Special Collections

Special Collections is the place in the general library where we keep any items that are scarce, fragile, or valuable. Holdings include: printed books, journals, newspapers, maps, atlases, photographs, reports, diaries, correspondence, and more...

  • On April 12, 1843 Colton became the 27th town of St. Lawrence County. In 1842 Colton village was called Matildaville when Abel Brown and his son James moved from Parishville to the west side of the Racquette River.

  • Scrapbook of newspaper and magazine clippings by and about Rudyard Kipling assembled by Nathan Ford Giffin, St. Lawrence University class of 1895. Also contains 1 letter (tls) from Kipling.